Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year and New Stuff to Come!

Happy, happy new year! I feel terrible about the utter lack of posting the last few weeks, please be assured it will not continue! It was it a frenzied month. As you may have heard, 35-40% or more of the spirits sold in the U.S. is during the last 45 days of the year, and we managed to survive the chaos, but my blogging time suffered dearly.


I've just arrived on the Alabama coast for a few days of respite. Soon I shall go in search of a good cocktail and report here on my findings (please let me know if you have any recommendations, aside from driving to New Orleans!).

I have some really fun things planned for the blog in 2008, including:
  • More articles on innovative cocktails and spirits being served in Chicago (I've got a great one coming your way very soon)
  • A new series of profiles of cocktail bartenders - not just the who & where, but the why & how
  • The long-awaited taste comparison of ginger beers - I've got 10 or so collected now. Its a bit daunting to think of tasting 10 Dark 'n Stormy and 10 Moscow Mule recipes, but I'll be up for it at some point (or I'll break it into two heats)

More postings soon, I promise!

No comments: