Here are a few things I'm really excited about, as well as a few things I'm not so sure about. I'll report back on both, once I see how they turn out.
Hopes are High
- 6 Rums You'll Probably Never Taste Again - with a title like that, who could say no? Ed Hamilton over at Ministry of Rum is running this one, and expectations are high.
- Ladies Choice - Women Behind Bars - being a lady, and a member of the Ladies United for the Preservation of Endangered Cocktails, I am looking forward to learning more about my sisters in drink.
- Around the World by (Brass) Rail - this one is led by David Wondrich, so you know it'll be great. And, we're talking about those intrepid pioneers who took the American cocktail around the globe.
- H2O Cocktails - meaning cocktails made with water. Water that you infuse with stuff. I am a bit dubious about this one, but open minded and interested to see what they're doing. Is this going to be cool, or is it going to be like the "low-cal" rum and vodka that came out awhile back, where they just lowered the alcohol content?
- From Grain to Bottle - the detailed description sounds great, but there is no indication of who will be speaking. The moderator is a brand ambassador from a (very) large liquor company, but he's never been a distiller.
- Spirited Dinners - some of them look fantastic (most of those are sold out), but there is one that is only vodka drinks, and one that has drinks only made with a certain whiskey flavored liqueur. My experience with them in past years has been good but not great, so this year I'm treating myself to a nice meal out with whatever I choose to eat & drink instead.
We shall see...